The Agricultural University - Plovdiv was established in 1945. It has strengthened its positions as a national centre of agricultural science and education in Bulgaria.
In 2006 the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency awarded the Agricultural University – Plovdiv with an institutional accreditation and the highest grade of “Very Good”.
The University has modern lecture halls, computer rooms, sport halls and playgrounds, a swimming pool, a cafeteria, a library, etc.
The AU-Plovdiv provides training for three academic degrees – Bachelor, Master and PhD. Bulgarian students as well as foreigners are enrolled both as full-time and part-time students in the three academic and educational degree courses.
Foreign applicants who have completed the Preparatory training in Bulgarian language may choose between the following Bachelor programmes:
- General Agronomy
- Agronomy (Plant Biotechnologies)
- Selection and seed production
- Plant biology
- Animal Breeding
- Agronomy (Viticulture and Horticulture)
- Plant Protection
- Agronomy (Tropical and Subtropical Agriculture)
- Agronomy (Grassing – exterior and interior design)
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agronomy – Hydromeliorations
- Ecology and Environment Protection
- Biological Farming
- Agroforestry systems and Highland Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics
- Regional Development Management
- Agricultural Tourism