Language Training Section
The Language Training Section offers training in Bulgarian language to international students and in foreign languages to Bulgarian students as well as tailored non-academic courses for citizens, paid training courses and activities to the public.
Bulgarian Language Academic Activities:
- Preparatory training in Bulgarian language for international applicants who will pursue their studies at the Agricultural University or other Bulgarian universities.
- Training in Bulgarian language for international students and for PhD students at the Agricultural University in conformity with the respective curricula of the faculties.
- Training in Bulgarian language for international students participating in EU programmes.
- Training in Bulgarian language for foreign citizens. Certificates for foreign language proficiency will be issued upon the successful completion of the course in compliance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Preparatory courses in Bulgarian language for Bulgarian applicants to the Agricultural University.
Foreign Language Academic Activities:
- Foreign language training for BSc, MSc and PhD students at the Agricultural University.
- Foreign language training for international students, post-graduate students and guest lecturers at the Agricultural University participating in international exchange programmes.
- Foreign language courses for citizens.
- Preparatory foreign language courses for Bulgarian applicants to the Agricultural University.
- Foreign language proficiency examinations in compliance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. All relevant certificates will be issued.
- Foreign language refreshing courses for academic staff at the Agricultural University.
- Participation in international projects and seminars on foreign language teaching.
The academic staff at the Language Training Section consists of seven highly qualified lecturers in English, German and Russian committed to the provision of education and training in accordance with the EU standards.
Courses in both general foreign language and foreign language for specific purposes are offered to BSc, MSc and PhD students from the four faculties. Our aim is to help students acquire and master the basic foreign language skills necessary for the successful written and oral communication within and outside the academic sphere. We use modern, effective and student-oriented teaching methods and incorporate innovative technologies and approaches.
The Department also provides foreign language courses to:
- Agricultural University lecturers and administrative staff;
- international students and post-graduate students at the Agricultural University participating in international exchange programmes;
- applicants to the Agricultural University.
Additionally, the Department organizes and carries out foreign language proficiency examinations in compliance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and issues the relevant certificates.