Preparatory Training Courses
The Department conducts preparatory training courses in Bulgarian as a foreign language and Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) for foreign applicants.
Necessary documents required for admission:
- A diploma attesting to a level of secondary education and an academic transcript of records accompanied by a certified translation in the Bulgarian language. APOSTILLE required.
- A document issued by an authoritative body attesting the right of the applicant to continue studies at a higher educational institution accompanied by a certified translation into the Bulgarian language. APOSTILLE required.
- A medical certificate issued one month prior to the application date accompanied by a certified translation into the Bulgarian language. APOSTILLE required.
- A photocopy of identity card or passport certified with an APOSTILLE.
- A photocopy of the citizenship documents – for applicants with dual citizenship, one of which is Bulgarian - certified with an APOSTILLE.
- 4 recent photographs of the applicant – (passport format).
All documents of non-EU applicants approved by the respective university are sent to the Ministry of Education and Science to comply with the procedure of issuing long-stay visas – visa type D. The Ministry of Education and Science will issue a Certificate for admission of foreign applicants to Bulgarian higher education institutions and will notify in writing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Migration Department.
English Language for International Students – see the requirements above
Application deadline for the Preparatory course:
All necessary documents of international applicants are submitted in person to the Department of Languages and Sports from May 1st to September 30th within the current academic year.
All international applicants admitted as students at the Agricultural University attend a one-year preparatory course in the Bulgarian language at the Department of Languages and Sports. Upon successful completion of the course they are encouraged to pursue academic degrees.
The period of study is determined in compliance with the state requirements, as follows:
- For international students – not less than 9 months.
- For international PhD students – not less than 3 months.
- For foreign post-graduate students – not less than 3 months.
ANNUAL TUITION FEES
- Preparatory course for international students - € 2 500 /€ 1 250 per semester/
- For international students with dual citizenship - € 1 250 /€ 625 per semester/
International Bachelor students from the EU member states are entitled to access universities for the same tuition fees as Bulgarian nationals.