Faculty of Economics
The Faculty of Economics was established in 1995 in order to prepare qualified specialists in the field of agricultural economics, tourism, and management of regional development. By maintaining high-quality theoretical and practical training, and by constantly updating it to the modern trends in world’s education, we prepare professionals, obtaining skills and competences that correspond to the needs of the labor market and guarantee quick realization in the specialized field.
The faculty consists of four departments: Economics, Management and Marketing, Tourism, Mathematics and Computer Sciences. At present, the academic staff includes 57 lecturers: 16 professors, 24 associate professors and 17 assistant professors. 43 of the lecturers possess a PhD degree, and 3 of them are D.Sc.-s. The admininstrative work is assisted by 10 senior experts.
The department provides student training in:
Five bachelor`s degree courses:
- Agricultural Economics – full-time and part-time mode of study;
- Business Economics – full-time and part-time mode of study;
- Agricultural Tourism – full-time and part-time mode of study;
- Regional Development Management – full-time and part-time mode of study;
- Agricultural Management and Entrepreneurship – full-time and part-time mode of study.
Four master`s degree courses:
- Economics and Management of the European Agriculture and the Rural Regions;
- Financial Management and Accountancy;
- Economics and Management of Tourism Business;
Doctoral Programs at the Faculty of Economics:
- Economics and Management (agriculture);
- Organization and Management (agriculture and sub-sectors);
- Informatics and Computer Sciences;
Students from the Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Moldova, Mongolia, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey and China have studied at the Faculty of Economics. Since 1995 more than 4400 students have graduated in bachelor`s degree programs, more than 2000 have graduated as Masters, and more than 40 PhD students have successfully defended their thesises and dissertations.